I get a lot of what I was told is tonsilitus...I keep getting a lot of smelly white/yellow balls in throat and causes my throat to b dry. Any suggestion?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Food?

The tonsils have crypts (caves) in them. When you swallow, food is pushed back and then to the sides of your throat.
This causes food to be pushed into those crypts where it is trapped, mixes with bacteria and can cause bad breath.There is no way to prevent this other than removal of your tonsils.One can use a water pick or other safe manner to remove them.

In brief: Food?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Marc Rosenthal
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tonsillolithiasis

That is not tonsillitis you are describing.
It is tonsillolithiasis. Tonsilliths, or tonsil stones, develop in little pockets of the tonsils called crypts. The safest and easiest way to remove them is with a water pick, but they will recur. The only permanent solution is a tonsillectomy.

In brief: Tonsillolithiasis

Dr. Marc Rosenthal
Dr. Marc Rosenthal
Dr. Vicken Poochikian