I sweat in the groin area. I wear loose clothing i.E. Boxers and not briefs. But there is still smell and sweat? I use talc to help, is this safe?

Likely fine. Sweating is expected here and simple things can reduce the irritation. Wearing briefs that breath (cotton) will help draw the moisture. If there is redness or itchiness consider a fungal infx / jock itch. The bacteria in the sweat and oil glands in the groin can produce an odor. This is a dark, warm and damp area so daily cleaning will help reduce irritation. Talc could irritate, so use caution.
Intertrigo. Intertrigo (intertriginous dermatitis) is an inflammatory condition of skin folds, induced or aggravated by heat, moisture, maceration, friction, and lack of air circulation. Intertrigo frequently is worsened or colonized by infection, which most commonly is candidal but also may be bacterial, fungal, or viral. Intertrigo commonly affects the axilla, perineum, inframammary creases, abdominal folds.