12 doctors weighed in:
My two year old granddaughter ate a peanut and began to vomit and blotches broke out on her body. Whatshould I do?
12 doctors weighed in

Dr. David Rosenthal
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
6 doctors agree
In brief: Peanut allergy
I recommend that your granddaughter avoid all peanuts and other nuts.
She should see a physician as soon as possible (who will review the incident and confirm that she needs an Epipen prescription). She should be evaluated by an allergist to confirm what caused the reaction, and for advice and an action plan. Have Benadryl (diphenhydramine) on hand, and call 911 or take her to the emergency room if this reoccurs.

In brief: Peanut allergy
I recommend that your granddaughter avoid all peanuts and other nuts.
She should see a physician as soon as possible (who will review the incident and confirm that she needs an Epipen prescription). She should be evaluated by an allergist to confirm what caused the reaction, and for advice and an action plan. Have Benadryl (diphenhydramine) on hand, and call 911 or take her to the emergency room if this reoccurs.
Dr. David Rosenthal
Dr. David Rosenthal
Thank
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Family Medicine
4 doctors agree
In brief: Avoid them
Avoid all nuts until you you see an allergist and get your cold tested.
Nut allergies can be life threatening and you should take precautions. Keep Benadryl (diphenhydramine) handy and if there are but allergies you should carry an epi pen as well.

In brief: Avoid them
Avoid all nuts until you you see an allergist and get your cold tested.
Nut allergies can be life threatening and you should take precautions. Keep Benadryl (diphenhydramine) handy and if there are but allergies you should carry an epi pen as well.
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Thank
Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
3 doctors agree
In brief: No more peanuts!
Do not allow her to eat anymore peanuts until testing has been done to rule out peanut allergy.
This can be deadly!

In brief: No more peanuts!
Do not allow her to eat anymore peanuts until testing has been done to rule out peanut allergy.
This can be deadly!
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Thank
1 comment
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Also, read labels for peanut products among the ingredients
Dr. Shashi Kumar
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
3 doctors agree
In brief: Consult an Allergist
It appears that she has food allergy to peanut.
This can be confirmed by skin testing or immnocap blood test by an allergist. Only treatment we have at present is strict avoidance of peanut in her diet. Because the severity of future reactions to accidental ingestion is unpredictable we recommend to have Epipen (epinephrine) available. Oral desensitization treatment will be available in the near future.

In brief: Consult an Allergist
It appears that she has food allergy to peanut.
This can be confirmed by skin testing or immnocap blood test by an allergist. Only treatment we have at present is strict avoidance of peanut in her diet. Because the severity of future reactions to accidental ingestion is unpredictable we recommend to have Epipen (epinephrine) available. Oral desensitization treatment will be available in the near future.
Dr. Shashi Kumar
Dr. Shashi Kumar
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Board Certified, Pediatrics
13 years in practice
1M people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors