I have uc since beibg laid off I have not been able to seek treatment. What can I do to ease my flare ups until I can get some insurance I am unemplo?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: You should

Contact your county hospital that provides indigent care if you qualify.
Also if you know what meds were used to successfully treat the uc, you can contact the pharmaceutical company as most offer free meds for up to a year with a valid prescription and proof of need. Better to find a way to get your meds rather than remain untreated and risk serious complication and emergency treatment.

In brief: You should

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Difficult problem

Uc can be a difficult problem, made worse by your financial situation.
Uc really requires monitoring and prescription rx to quiet down. Try to seek out a clinic with sliding fee scale.

In brief: Difficult problem

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Emily Altman
Dermatology

In brief: UC no insurance

Ulcerative colitis is a condition that can potentially have dangerous consequences, so it must be treated.
Stress unfortunately can increase flares. There are hospitals that offer charity care to people unable to afford medical care. Usually these are public hospitals. Call some hospitals in your community and find out. Also contact your state's medicaid or family care office. They might help.

In brief: UC no insurance

Dr. Emily Altman
Dr. Emily Altman
Dr. Jack Hinkle