How long after teeth extraction/bone graft on left and implant on right side can you safely eat more than liquid or soft food. ?

Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: It depends

The best thing to do is to wait for the tissue to completely close over the wound to be sure the area is sealed.
You can check on this yourself. Depending on the difficulty of the extraction and your body's healing this can take a few days or over a week. The wound closure is the most important factor. If bone particles were used, they can shift even after the tissue is closed. Be careful!

In brief: It depends

Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Jason Cataldo
Dr. Sam Markzar
I might just add that if membranes are used to cover the bone graft properly, then longer healing time should be allowed. , but on average and usually, 2 weeks is the minimum amount after bone graft that i suggest starting to revert back to normal diet, if the patient HAS to.
Dr. Barry Levin
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Depends on surgery

It really depends on the nature of the surgeries.
If the extraction is healing normally, it is probably safer to eat on that side rather than where an implant was placed. I prefer not to work on both sides of the mouth at the same time, for this reason. It is nice to give a patient one side for function. Sometimes, active infections do not allow this approach and caution is indicated.

In brief: Depends on surgery

Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Barry Levin
Dr. Virginia Lee
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: USUALLY 4-7 DAYS

Generally, gently brushing over the area and rinsing with warm salt water starting the day after the surgery usually keeps the area pretty clean.
Typically, the patients can gradually advance their diets to a normal diet by the 4-7 day, depending on how they feel.

In brief: USUALLY 4-7 DAYS

Dr. Virginia Lee
Dr. Virginia Lee
Dr. Saleh Elahwal
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Eating solid food

If implants are submerged or bone level the soft tissue will grow over them in couple of days during the healing process and you will be able to resume eating your regular food .
Right now avoid hard and spicy food.Please follow the instructions given to you after the surgery.

In brief: Eating solid food

Dr. Saleh Elahwal
Dr. Saleh Elahwal
Dr. Kristin Outlan
Dentistry

In brief: Include Fresh Juices

Many soft food choices are nutritionally sound.
Most cannot match the vitamins and minerals found in fresh veggies and some fruits. These can be a challenge right after surgery. I suggest taking advantage of the popular trend of drinking green juices. Adding apple and carrot can make them more palatable. They are nutrient dense and can support tissue healing.

In brief: Include Fresh Juices

Dr. Kristin Outlan
Dr. Kristin Outlan
Dr. Keegan Duchicela