My two year old baby has s really bad cough should I take her to the clinic or OTC medicine?

David Escobar
In brief: No to OTC Cough Meds
Otc cough medicine is no longer recommended for toddlers/children; it tends to do more harm than good.
It is best to pay a visit to your pediatrician/family physician in clinic.

In brief: No to OTC Cough Meds
David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Doctors
Otc meds are currently suspect for safety reasons at this age and it is recommended that they not be used.
Using a vaporizer and/or saline nose drops may help. If worried see the pediatrician.

In brief: Doctors
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Jay Park
In brief: Depends
Is your child febrile(101 f or higher)? Breathing heavy? Oral intake noticeably down? Has coughed more than 7 days? If yes to any of these questions, your child needs to see primary care physician.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jonathan Jassey