Brachioradialis muscle very sore. Affects both arms. No history of trauma or overuse. Has been a month. Some neck pain. What might be the cause?

Dr. Justin Esterberg
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Could be neck issue

The pain in that region of your arm could be related to a pinched nerve in the neck.
See an orthopedic physician/surgeon, or a physiatrist if it doesn't improve.

In brief: Could be neck issue

Dr. Justin Esterberg
Dr. Justin Esterberg
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Muscle pain

Pain in the area of the brachioradialis can be related to radiating neck pain or radiculopathy—which is caused by a pinched nerve by disc herniation or arthritis likely at c5-6.
If this seems worse with movement of the neck (down the arm), it could be related. Also, if associated with numbness or tingling into the thumb, likely a neck issue. I suggest all patients >50 yo be seen by a doc.

In brief: Muscle pain

Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Pathology

In brief: Get seen

My first concern, especially if it's also week, is that you're coming down with inclusion body myositis.
One of several possibilities, but a reason in itself for perhaps specialist consultation.

In brief: Get seen

Dr. Vikram Patel