Will pitioriasis rosacea go away?

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine
I think you mean pityriasis rosea.
This is a common rash in young adults, occurs mostly spring & fall. Usually starts with one large patch, the herald patch, followed by multiple smaller areas. Typically clears in about 6-8 weeks. It is rare for anyone else in the house to get it, even though it's thought to be viral. Treatment can be given if it's itchy, but treatment doesn't speed clearance.

I think you mean pityriasis rosea.
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Eventually
This is most likely caused by a virus (really don't know the cause).
It can last for a few weeks to a few months. It may be helped by a course of steroids. Enigmatic disease process that causes distress and discomfort but not recognized to have any long term effects. Hope it goes away for your. If persistent, see your pcp or a dermatologist.

In brief: Eventually
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt