Tumour removed from sacrum in feb 2012.Neurosurgeon drilled hole into sacrum to check for tumour in bone. Extreme pain13 months later. Is sacrum damaged?

Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Pain after biopsy

Presuming your biopsy was benign, i would say it is not normal to have significant pain after this type of procedure.
That does not imply your doctor did anything wrong, either. My concerns would be a stress fracture at the site of biopsy, a bone infection, or even further growth of whatever was being biopsied (benign tumors can enlarge, too). I would make sure i saw my doc again and made aware.

In brief: Pain after biopsy

Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Michael Sokol

In brief: Not likely

The sacrum should heal unless there is recurrence of the tumor. It is possible that you have had some nerve damage either from the tumor or the surgery or post surgical inflammation.
Return to the surgeon and strongly consider an MRI of the area.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Michael Sokol
Dr. Michael Sokol
Dr. Marsha Davis