Through my whole pregnancy I drunk whole mulk and was constipated for the longest time, why?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: What else do you eat
Whole milk is high in fat, fat slows down stomach emptying, and bowels.
Prenatal vitamins are high in calcium and iron-both can be constipating. What else did you eat? Need more fluid, fruits, veggies, whole grains during pregnancy; beans help too (may be too gassy for some). Hormonal changes in pregnancy affect bowel function too..

In brief: What else do you eat
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Michael Shim
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Hormones
It has less to do with the milk and much more to do with the hormonal changes during pregnancy.

In brief: Hormones
Dr. Michael Shim
Dr. Michael Shim
Dr. Jane Van Dis