What could it mean if I have very irregular periods & I have constant inconsistent pains in my pelvic area?

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology
In brief: Ovarian cyst?
There are many causes of abnormal uterine bleeding and pelvic pain and you should see a gynecologist to determine the exact cause.
Endometriosis, and ovarian cysts are other causes that cause pain and irregular bleeding.

In brief: Ovarian cyst?
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: PCO and Pain
The irregular cycles are called oligomenorrhea and they usually mean that you are not ovulating (releasing an egg).
Pco requires 2 of 3 things: oligoovulation, multi-cystic ovaries on us, or elevated levels of androgens ("male hormone"). This may be your diagnosis and medical therapy can control your cycles and hormone (important). Pco usually does not have pain, see doc for tests. Good luck.

In brief: PCO and Pain
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Jane Van Dis