I'm having bad knee pain. Would wrapping it with an ACE bandage work or something more serious. My knee pain is: feels like its gonna give out; pain?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Start with RICE

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort.
Did you injury your knee? Regardless, i recommend you start with rice, and the "c" can be accomplished with the ace bandage you mentioned. With the sensation that your knee is going to "give out" you should plan to see an orthopedist, especially if it does not get better soon. You may need bracing, an injection, pt, or surgery depending on severity of injury.

In brief: Start with RICE

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort.
Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine

In brief: Knee pain

A compressive wrap can be quite helpful when there is swelling in the knee.
"giving out" symptoms may relate to a collateral or cruciate ligament injury, but it may also reflect a floating loose body or meniscal tear.

In brief: Knee pain

Dr. Eric Weisman