Will pregnancy tests read positive when one is on birth control?

HCG & BCP. The pregnancy test measures HCG which is produced by an implanted embryo. The test only becomes positive about 12 days after ovulation. The hormones of the bcp do not mask a pregnancy, so if you are pregnant then the pg test will be positive. It is possible that if you do not have menses on the bcp (some women do not bleed) then you may not realize that you are pregnant or when to test. Good luck.
If pregnant. The pregnancy test may read positive if you are pregnant. Pregnancy tests measure for beta-hcg, which is secreted by a fertilized egg and later by the placenta. Birth control is not 100% effective, and the possibility does exist that you may be pregnant. Check with your ob/gyn or family doctor to be certain.