Hi.I was wondering if someone could assits me in relating pathophysiology of bacterial meningitis to its signs n symptoms?

Dr. David Lundin
Neurosurgery

In brief: Infections

Symptoms include headache, neck pain, sensitivity to light and drowsiness.
Signs can be fevers, shaking chills, or rash. Small children may not have classic signs or symptoms however.

In brief: Infections

Dr. David Lundin
Dr. David Lundin
Dr. Alon Seifan
Neurology

In brief: Meninges

The meninges are a covering made of connective tissue that surrounds the brain and spinal cord.
Bacterial meningitis is an infection confined to the meninges. Symptoms result from inflammation and abscesses in various areas of the nervous system that are in contact with the infection. Ese include brain, spine, and nerve roots.

In brief: Meninges

Dr. Alon Seifan
Dr. Alon Seifan
Dr. Jonathan Jassey