Why does a nose bleed?

Irritation anatomy. There are very large superficial vessels in the front of everyone's nose. These vessels are easily opened by local trauma. Picking, dryness, infection, rubbing, tissues can all cause irritation and ultimately bleeding. It's always worse in the cold and dry air of winter. People with anatomic abnormalities of the nose such as septal deviation have worse bleeding problems.
Many reasons. Nose bleed reasons: nasal congestion or nasal dryness, ^ blood pressure, excessive use of decongestants, being at ^ altitude, trauma to nose, nose picking, or blowing the nose hard. Bacterial & viral infections can ^ risk as well as bleeding disorders. Recurrent nose bleeds may be due to broken vessel in the nose. Alcohol / Cocaine abuse can cause nose bleeds, as can tumors.