Can I walk with a cam walker after hammer toe surgery and pins in my toes to straighten them?

Yes. A surgical shoe is usually enough, however, a rigid walking boot such as a cam walker will work as well. Consult with your surgeon as to what he or she would think would be best for you.
Yes you can walk. Yes you can walk in a cam walker after hammer toe surgery. The benefit is that is allows you to walk without disturbing the pins or correction. The cam walker is made with a rocker bottom sole to allow the foot to be controlled in during the gait cycle. I would recommend using crutches for the first couple of days to allow you to get used to walking in the boot .
Yes. You can. If only hammer toe surgery was performed then a surgical shoe is often sufficient and much lighter than a cam walker boot. However, your surgeon should decide what is best for you.
Yes. A cam walker, or cast boot, will help immobilize the foot and decrease the pressure on the toes to flex. Pins that are straight are much easier to remove! follow all post op instructions for best results. Dr l.
Yes. You should be able to walk with a cam boot. However some boots have a scooped area at the toe and that can be a problem. Some of the "bunion boots" have a flatter footplate that may work better.
Cam walker. Usually , yes. It will depend on your surgeon's preferences as well as how compliant you are. The goal of the cam walker is to remove motion and allow the surgical site to heal .
Ask your surgeon. You should ask your surgeon but usually this is acceptable.