My mother just passed away from a breast cancer called her 2. It is evidently a rare type of cancer. What else can you tell me about this cancer?

Not so rare. First of all, I am sorry for your loss. Her 2 stands for human epidermal growth factor receptor. This is a protein that is present on approximately 20% of all breast cancers. These cancers tend to be more aggressive; however, there are targeted therapies with drugs such as Herceptin (trastuzumab) that can be very effective.
Lots! I'm so sorry you lost your mother to breast cancer. Her2 is the name of a protein found on 20% of breast cancers. It used to be the worst sub-type of breast cancer, but now there are drugs like Herceptin (trastuzumab) that target her2+ breast cancers, so the prognosis has improved. It's still an aggressive breast cancer, as you have sadly learned. Take care of yourself! to learn more: www.Her2support.Org.