Do you think it is safe for me to get surgery on my back to remove my herniated disks or to be put on a pain pump the pain meds they have me on bother?

Careful. I would educate yourself to all options for back pain. Therapy, chiropractor, meds, injections, radio frequency, spinal cord stimulation are all less invasive than pain pumps and or surgery. Find a good surgeon and pain medicine doctor and ask lots if questions. Good luck and be careful.
Don't know . There is no way a forum like this can sort this out. Talk to your gp. He/she will take a full history, do an exam, order appropriate tests and refer you to a specialist if needed.