High risk for heart disease- what supplements should I take to help prevent it? My dad had CHF my mom just found out she has blockages in neck, im 26.

Dr. Robert Henson
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Lifestyle changes
things you can do to change your future - exercise daily, maintain optimal weight; know your blood pressure and cholesterol levels - keep them good.
wear your seat belt. In 10-15 years, you can get a coronary calcium score to see how you are doing - if you have early signs of buildup - then Aspirin and specific lipid therapies may be warranted. we may have better genetic testing in 10-15 years

In brief: Lifestyle changes
Dr. Robert Henson
Dr. Robert Henson
Dr. Rodolfo Farhy
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Reduce risk factors
Your best option is to reduce your risk factors.
Make sure to keep your cholesterol low, exercise do not smoke or drink. Check your blood pressure at least once a year and eat healthy.

In brief: Reduce risk factors
Dr. Rodolfo Farhy
Dr. Rodolfo Farhy
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology