How many CT scans are safe in q year?

Dr. Eric Berkowitz
Radiology

In brief: None or a lot

The question is less about how many are safe and more about the question you're trying to answer. If you've been in a major car accident and are bleeding to death, 10 cts are very safe.
If you are just curious to see your insides, none are safe. It is a decision of the risk of the scan versus the benefit of the information gained. It should be discussed with your md ordering the exam.

In brief: None or a lot

Dr. Eric Berkowitz
Dr. Eric Berkowitz
2 comments
Dr. TAPAN CHAUDHURI
Agree with Risk Vs. Benefit theory.
Dr. Ronald Dreifuss
Completely agree

In brief: CT

I agree it is a risk versus benefit ratio.
Many radiologists also adjust technique and have newer equipment which lowers the amount of radiation. Radiation from a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis can vary from site to site.

In brief: CT

Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Dr. Adam Smith