I am 65, workout every day fast walking for 1 hour. My pulse pressure is often over 60 and my resting heart rate 45. Any suggestions?

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Pulse Pressure

The resting pulse pressure in healthy adults, sitting position, is about 30-40 mmhg.
The pulse pressure increases with exercise due to increased stroke volume, healthy values being up to pulse pressures of about 100 mmhg, simultaneously as total peripheral resistance drops during exercise. In healthy individuals the pulse pressure will typically return to normal in 10 minutes.

In brief: Pulse Pressure

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine