When I move my head or neck a certain way, I feel pain and some pressure by my top spinal area. What could I be experiencing?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology

In brief: Muslce spasm

Need more information, but the most likely source of this type of pain is muscle.
Cervical disc problems are possible but they usually present with symptoms such as tingling , numbness in a nerve distribution( pinched nerve?).

In brief: Muslce spasm

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Occipital neuralgia

Pain at the base of the skull can be due to irritation of the occipital nerve as it comes through the muscles of the back of the neck.
Onset when strained due to whiplash, neck arthritis or sleeping on it wrong ("kinked"). Diagnosis is made by careful neurological examination.

In brief: Occipital neuralgia

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Indu Lal

In brief: Need to be evaluated

If there is any of neck injury, whiplash etc.
May need to see md for more info.

In brief: Need to be evaluated

May need to see md for more info.
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal