When I move my head or neck a certain way, I feel pain and some pressure by my top spinal area. What could I be experiencing?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology
In brief: Muslce spasm
Need more information, but the most likely source of this type of pain is muscle.
Cervical disc problems are possible but they usually present with symptoms such as tingling , numbness in a nerve distribution( pinched nerve?).

In brief: Muslce spasm
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Occipital neuralgia
Pain at the base of the skull can be due to irritation of the occipital nerve as it comes through the muscles of the back of the neck.
Onset when strained due to whiplash, neck arthritis or sleeping on it wrong ("kinked"). Diagnosis is made by careful neurological examination.

In brief: Occipital neuralgia
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Indu Lal
In brief: Need to be evaluated
If there is any of neck injury, whiplash etc.
May need to see md for more info.

In brief: Need to be evaluated
May need to see md for more info.
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal