Headache with high blood pressure?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: HA and HBP

headaches due to hypertension get better when BP gets better and return when HIGH BP returns.
I am available for second opinion on BP issues which is all I do.

In brief: HA and HBP

Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: See doctor

It's hard to say if the headache you're having is related to your uncontrolled bp, but it is certainly concerning.
You need to check your blood pressure regularly and keep a log. Take your BP log and tell your doctor you are motivated to get this under control. You may also want to look up the "dash" diet. It's great. If your BP is over 190/100 today, you should go the er.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Treat high BP.

Hypertension can be treated without medication.
Regular cardiovascular exercise, at least five days per week. DASH diet - salt < 2000mg daily, fiber (50 grams daily for women and 70 grams daily for men), lean protein sources and complex carbohydrates. Stress reduction - meditation and such. Sleep 6-9 hours nightly. Don't smoke cigarettes - ever. BP over 140/80 can cause headache.

In brief: Treat high BP.

In brief: Must see PCP

Yes, high BP can cause headaches, given your age and vascular risk factor, you must be properly evaluated and treated by your PCP at the very least.

In brief: Must see PCP

Dr. Arnon Rubin