Is it safe to use tretinoin cream.01% long-term? Have used for 10 years...Great skin. Also curious whether it counts toward my daily vitamin a?

Safety long-term use. It is theoretically safe to use tretinoin long-term without adverse consequences to your skin. There is some anecdotal evidence that there is an increased risk for the occurrence of skin cancer in retinoid and retinol users who live in high sun areas. This is presumably because vitamin a derivatives increase sun sensitivity and use of sunscreen and sun protective measures are wholly inadequate.
Should be fine. I know of no complications from long term use of tretinoin cream. There isn't significant absorption through the skin so it is doubtful that it will decrease you daily intake needs for vitamin a.
Yes. But you should take intermittent breaks to avoid excessive pealing. It does not count torwards your daily vitamin a requirement as it it topical not oral.