I have high blood pressure. Does it effect on my penis erection?

Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice

In brief: BP Medications can

Some blood pressure medications effect the ability to have an erection.
Clonidine is one such medication.

In brief: BP Medications can

Clonidine is one such medication.
Dr. John Weeks
small vessel peripheral vascular disease can be a factor as well any time BP is lowered
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Also medications

I agree with dr. Samaan antihypertensive medications can also affect the quality or rigidity of your erections.

In brief: Also medications

There are many medical conditions that will affect the ability to achieve an erection.
The most common conditions typically include diabetes, hi blood pressure, and hi cholesterol. The degree of erectile dysfunction increases as the more uncontrolled these conditions become. Keeping these conditions under control will help minimize sequele of erectile dysfunction.

Dr. Rodney Samaan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

You may also have heart disease and should get a stress test.

Dr. James Pritsiolas
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

High blood pressure can damage the arteries in the penis and cause erectile dysfunction.
Some medications used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) can also lead to erectile dysfunction, but your doctor should be able to prescribe one that does not do this commonly.

Dr. Vicken Poochikian