How do I maintain my weight loss after having orthognathic surgery?

Jaw Surgery Diet. Most patients lose about 5-7% of their body weight after orthognathic surgery depending on the procedures performed, the weight returns once on a regular diet. You should eat a high calorie, high protein diet. Liquids are the mainstay for the first couple weeks including ensure, boost, etc. Soft diet resumes after two weeks and a normal diet in 3 to 4 weeks.
Small portions . Think of the habits you have learned: small portions. Healthy food that allows healing. Fruits, veggies, proteins. Avoid junk food, greasy food, and high fat snacks. You can do it.
Weight loss. Most patients lose about 5% of their body weight after orthognathic surgery, but will regain it in 3 to 4 weeks. You should eat a high calorie, high protein and high fiber liquid diet. Lots of supplements like ensure plus are indicated. Most patients are back on a soft diet after two weeks and a normal diet by 3 to 4 weeks. Good luck!