How does dental floss and dental tape differ?

Dr. Jack Binder
Dentistry

In brief: Thin/thick

Floss is thinner than tape.
Some people prefer floss, others prefer tape. The important thing is to keep your teeth and gums healthy by using whichever one you like.

In brief: Thin/thick

Floss is thinner than tape.
Dr. Jack Binder
Dr. Jack Binder
Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Just a little.

The purpose of floss is to disrupt plaque residing on the hidden walls between the teeth.
You dont have to remove plaque, just disrupt the plaque "colony" . Having said that waxed floss binds the fibers and doesn't show as much plaque when looking at it once removed from the mouth. Like ear wax on a q-tip, i like to see my plaque and floss again if the first time was "productive" floss daily!

In brief: Just a little.

Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Size

Floss is like a string.
Tape is wide - line many strings laying side by side. Tape gets more of a surface area of the tooth because it is wider.

In brief: Size

Floss is like a string.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.