I was diagnosed with thrombocytopenia. Lately, I've been having several bloody noses, however, the blood only comes from the right nostril. What is it?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Superficial vessels

Most nose bleeds come from superficial vessels.
It's possible the side you are bleeding from has a deviation causing asymmetric air flow leading to drying and irritation. Even in the absence of thrombocytopenia bleeding can occur.

In brief: Superficial vessels

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Nose bleeding

Yes, i agree with dr. Astrachan, most likely is due to some fragile blood vessels on the right nostril or deviated septum etc.
See an ent. Also, you will need to see a pcp and perhaps a hematologist to evaluate thrombocytopenia especially if thrombocytopenia is moderate/ severe.Need to find the cause so treatment can be given if indicated. Avoid trauma, humidifier may help prevent nose bleeding.

In brief: Nose bleeding

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine