How to deal with benzo withdrawal (xanax, klonopin, (clonazepam) ativan, valium, etc.)?

Not fun. Usually the strategy is to slowly taper off the benzo and use a long-acting one, and sometimes it's really, really slow. Here's a trick i sometimes suggest to my patients: when your dose is pretty low, gently drag you pill across an emery board before you take it. One time the first day, two times the next, etc. That way you're very gradually cutting the dose down. Good luck and stick with it.
As above. Very slowly . Usually by decreasing the dose by 25 percent every five days.