I have a nonremovable retainer, how can I clean it?

Dr. Michael Cari
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Floss Threader

I would recommend that you use a floss threader or floss with a stiff plastic end (e.
g. Super floss) to allow you to floss between your teeth. You insert it from the facial and thread under the wire to clean around it. This should be done daily. There are electric "flossers" available that are stiff, and actuated by a motor. See your general denitist every six months for professional cleaning.

In brief: Floss Threader

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Remove bugs

To clean fixed retainers requires removing "bugs" (bacteria) from teeth and retainer parts.
Brush at least 2 full minutes 2x/day. Use floss threader or superfloss under the wire every day, or use water pik every day. See your dentist as often as recommended for professional cleaning.

In brief: Remove bugs