My 9 year old has been complaining of pain on the middle of her chest?

Dr. Cindy Juster

In brief: See her doctor.

Chest pain in children can be caused by sore chest muscles, inflammation of rib cartilage, asthma, stress, and (rarely) heart issues.
Your daughter needs to see her doctor soon for evaluation, diagnosis, and (if needed) treatment.

In brief: See her doctor.

Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Lars Erickson
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Chest pain in kids

The most common cause of chest pain (CP) in kids is muscle spasm or pain.
Usually this pain is worse with deep breathing or other movement. Other causes of CP include inflammation of the breastbone joints, lung problems, asthma, spasm of the esophagus, breast tenderness and stress/anxiety. Heart problems rarely cause CP in kids, but a visit to the cardiologist may be needed to be sure.

In brief: Chest pain in kids

Dr. Lars Erickson
Dr. Lars Erickson

In brief: Common/likely simple

Mid chest under the rib cage or in it?Recent illness?Aggrivated by activity or eating? Position of comfort? Recent change in dietary or exercise habits? Eating before or drinking before reclining? These are the types of things i like to know as i examine pts with this complaint.
Mid chest can be gi/lung/rib cage or (i've never see one 30 yr)heart.Heartburn would be my 1st bet.See kids regular dr.

In brief: Common/likely simple

Dr. Shontae Buffington