I am 2 days away before my due date and as of yesterday I have been bleeding (cervical mucus) I saw my doc yesterday but I need further explanation.?

Vaginal exam. It is normal to experience some bloody cervical mucous show after a vaginal examination, particularly when you are at term in your pregnancy. The same is true of noticing some bloody discharge after having intercourse when you are pregnant. Bleeding, which means flow of bright red blood, or passing clots while you are pregnant, is a major concern and you need to speak with your doctor immediately.
Probably effacing. What you are describing is probably from thinning of the cervix in preparation for true labor. This often happens a day or two before labor...I wouldn't plan a long trip away from your hosital...And make sure your bags are packed!