Will a multivitamin containing 400 mcg of folic acid interfere with the efficacy of l-methylfolate as an ssri adjunct for a homozygous tt mthfr?

Dr. Robert Olsen

In brief: Not at all

The homozygous mthfr mutation limits your cells' ability to activate the dietary Folic Acid and the Folic Acid in the multivit.
The l-methylfolate is the active form of Folic Acid and can go right to work improving your neurotransmitter synthesis. But the mthfr mutations may also interfere with your complete utilization b12, ask you doctor if you need active b12, methylcobalamin, as well.

In brief: Not at all

Dr. Robert Olsen
Dr. Robert Olsen
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: I do not

Think so. I think that it will be metaolically ignored.

In brief: I do not

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham