I have horrible pain in my right shoulder that comes and goes. It was brought on after a laproscopic appendectomy. Will it go away?

"Referred" Pain. The nerves that innervate the diaphragm also go to the shoulder; therefore, irritation of the diaphragm may be "felt" in the shoulder. The most common cause of this irritation following laparoscopy is the carbon dioxide used to inflate the cavity; this should resolve after 24-36hrs. If this pain is present 1-2 weeks later, it may be due to an abscess under the diaphragm; follow-up w/your surgeon.
? Pain in the shoulder after any laparoscopic surgery typically lasts under 24 hours. This is due to the gas used to distend the abdominal cavity during surgery. You should followup with your surgeon to see if this is at all related to your appendectomy.
Usually. Minute amounts of air enter the abdomen during laproscopic surgery. This air, when you stand, floats up to the top of the abdomen - the diaphragm. When air hits that, it can cause sharp pains in the shoulder area. Typically this gradually improves as the air is reabsorbed.