I have had hip pain on the top of the hip and lower back pain. The hip pain has been a pproximately for 8 weeks and the lower back pain just 1 week.?

They may or may not. Be related. Hip issues can refer to back & vice versa or there could be 2 issues separately going on. If it is progressing with no relief from activity modification & use of otc meds if able to utilize then get evaluated by your physician if the symptoms limit your activities or affect your sleep habits. Otherwise, exercise, weight control and not smoking may allow for resolution over time.
Hip Pain. Back problems can give you hip pain and hip problems can give you back pain. Probably not enough information here to help you know what the cause is. Because the hip pain began 1st you would think it started there. Although many people refer to their lateral buttocks as their hip and that can be pain referred from their back or be a problem with the muscles that helps control the pelvis.