Hi i was just recently switched from Xanax (alprazolam) 2mg to Valium 5 mg been on Xanax (alprazolam) for 9 yrs am scared?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

I am sure your prescribing doc.
Is monitoring your response closely. Report any anxiety symptoms as they develop.

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

I am sure your prescribing doc.

In brief: Don't be scared

Somebody's doing you a favor. Xanax (alprazolam) is an awful drug to use chronically.
Your doctor switched you to a long-acting benzodiazepine to help you get past the xanax (alprazolam) withdrawal (that's often mistaken for panic). The next step down the road will be to deal with your anxiety without any benzodiazepines. There are better drugs plus cognitive behavioral therapy if you'll just be patient.

In brief: Don't be scared

Dr. Eric Weisman