What is the best way to get rid of toenail fungus?

Dr. Alex Garcia
Podiatry

In brief: Three options

There are three main treatment options for toenail fungus.
The first option is an oral medication. The tablets although highly effective do have some possible side effects and consequences. Direct doctor supervision is needed. The second option is laser treatment. This option is also highly effective, in my experience, without any significant side effect. The third option is a topical medication.

In brief: Three options

Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: My vote

Is oral terbinafine.

In brief: My vote

Is oral terbinafine.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. MARTIN Girling
Oral meds most effective. Laser has benefits. Topical is useless except in superficial white onychomycosis

In brief: No great way

There are topical medications, medications by mouth, laser.

In brief: No great way

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Chris Hawley

In brief: Toe nail fungus

Stubborn problem! usually requires prescription anti fungal pills for 12 weeks, though i've had some patients had success with clorox bleach pens painted on the nails each night.

In brief: Toe nail fungus

Dr. Chris Hawley
Dr. Chris Hawley