2 day period?

Possibly normal. Without any more information, such as what is normal for the patient, or if hormonal contraception is involved, or any contraception at all; this may be perfectly normal, not a sign of a problem, or early pregnancy.
Light Period. The main reason for light periods is a change in hormone levels. Causes for what seems to be a light period can include: implantation bleeding in early pregnancy, thyroid problems, eating disorders, excessive exercise, initial periods for a girl, use of an intrauterine device, oral contraceptives ; perimenopause.