I want efficiently use my daily time therefore want to decrease my night sleep to 6 hrs and to add may be 30 min nap in afternoon. What you advice?

Dr. R Sangal
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Need 7-8 hours

Most people need 7-8 hours of sleep a day (although many are not getting that much).
Within limits it does not seem to matter if it is all at night, or some of it is through a nap. You are aiming for 6 1/2 hours, which really is not enough. Not getting enough time in bed makes people tired and sleepy and reduces their cogntive ability.

In brief: Need 7-8 hours

Dr. R Sangal
Dr. R Sangal
Dr. David Duhon
Sleep time is not wasted time. If your brain didn't need rest, it wouldn't make you sleepy.
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Sleep more at night

For most people, 6 hrs per night is inadequate for optimal physical & emotional wellness, even with a 30 minute daytime nap.
Enjoy a bit more sleep, and you will probably better enjoy your waking day, too.

In brief: Sleep more at night

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Jonathan Jassey