Can i go hiking with a slipped capital femoral epiphysis surgery already done last year?

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably yes

Would be a good idea to ask your orthopedic surgeon but usually after 1 year it should be ok for some hiking start out gently and work up the intensity of your activity.

In brief: Probably yes

Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Dr. Kenneth Merriman
Dr. William Harris

I am assuming that you healed from your surgery, underwent physical therapy, achieved goals for structural and functional recovery, and have no residual pain.
One year is a solid amount of time regarding bone healing. If you haven't already been exercising, you will need to build up your exertional tolerance. Although it may be slow, you absolutely should be able to pursue any activity you wish!

Dr. William Harris
Dr. William Harris
Dr. Shontae Buffington