My blood pressure has been high the past 2 days this morning it was 160/98 now its 155/94 I have been eatting a lot and im 55 days in quiting smoking?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Withdrawal symptoms

Blood pressure is very sensitive to any emotional ups and downs.
Certainly stopping smoking can be an emotional roller coaster and explains your high bp. If there is some way to relax you the BP will probaly come down without medication. You may need a tranquilizer(go see your fmaily doctor). Eating too much does not help...So moderate your eating. You should also avoid foods containg high salt

In brief: Withdrawal symptoms

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Bp

Keep up the good work getting off smoking.
Your bps are high suggesting that you are an underlying hypertensive. You should consult with your doc relative to potentially being on antihypertensive medications. Might cut down on salt intake and get going with a regular exercise program.

In brief: Bp

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology