I had a heart attack at 34, they performed a heart cath & placed a stent for a 90% blockage. What could cause this at my age? What should I do about it?

Heart attack. The causes are the same regardless of your age. Strong family history, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol & smoking and obesity. Now you need to control these risk factors to prevent futher progression. Exercise, eat healthy, stop smoking if you do and take all your medications regularly.
CAD. I'm a bit surprised your health care folks haven't covered this with you. You need to stop smoking, eat a mediterranean diet, be on a selection of drugs for atherosclerotic disease, have a regular exercise program. From the info on here you should be on beta blocker, ace inhibitor, statin, aspirin, clopidogrel and maybe others. Get in touch with your cardiologist and discuss all this.