Dr says glaucoma caught early w/30% nerve damage & minimal peripheral vision loss. Begun treatment. Only 58 yrs. Old. What is long-term prognosis?

Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology

In brief: Good

The prognosis is good if you use the medications as directed and keep all follow up appointments with your ophthalmologist.

In brief: Good

Dr. Richard Carlin
Dr. Richard Carlin
Dr. Thomas Namey
Albeit an ophthalomogist, you essentially repeated my answer, rather than agrreing with mine. I think I said exactly the same thing and more!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Fairly good.

Since most of your vision is conserved, your outcome, with all available to your ophthalmologist , should be good! but your letter stresses the importance of examination of the eyes, more so, to prevent most glaucoma associated damage!

In brief: Fairly good.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Vikram Patel