I just had an IUD placed and now I have sharp pains from my belly button down to my right hip. Er physicians ruled out appendicitis and kidney stones?

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology
In brief: Improper placement
It is normal to have some mild to moderate cramping within the first few days of having an iud inserted.
This should respond to over the counter pain pills. If the pain is worse it could indicate a perforation of the uterus during placement, improper placement, infection, or that your uterus is rejecting the iud and trying to pass it. Patients should go back to the physician that inserted it.

In brief: Improper placement
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: IUD's suck
Sorry but they do :) normal placement can cause this, unfortunately planned parenthood inmy area rarely tells their patient this.
Perforation can cause it as can an infection from the iud.

In brief: IUD's suck
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Jane Van Dis