I've moved to a new country with a much colder climate. I often feel lightheaded here. Why?

Dr. Mark Milunski
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Lightheaded

There may be several reasons for this.
Colder air can be much drier than warm air and could be leading to dehydration which can cause lightheadedness. Also, if you have moved to a higher altitude you may be feeling the effects of altitude and have so-called altitude or mountain sickness. Staying well hydrated will often prevent this symptom.

In brief: Lightheaded

There may be several reasons for this.
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Mark Milunski
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Lightheaded

There could be several reasons why you feel lightheaded in a colder climate.
The air may be very dry and you could become lightheaded because of becoming dehydrated by not drinking enough water. Also, if this place is at a higher altitude, you may be experiencing symptoms of altitude or mountain sickness.

In brief: Lightheaded

Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Mark Milunski
Dr. Marsha Davis