I am having cough, please suggest medicine?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Herbal medicines
Most coughs are caused by viral infections.
Thus, antibiotics usually don't help- but if you have high fever, shortness of breath and/or are coughing up lots of phlegm see a doctor. In most cases herbs are very helpful for treating viral bronchial infections. Homeopathy can also help. I have had tremendous success with pelargonium sidoides and andrographis. See my comment for more info & links.

In brief: Herbal medicines
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Pelargonium sidoides is most widely available as "Umcka." See http://data.SchwabeNorthAmerica.com/common/artifactdocument/ITI-Pelargonium-Sidoides-Extract.pdf for a summary of the research on this useful herb. Andrographis is available as capsules and tinctures. See http://www.positivehealth.com/article/ayurveda/andrographis-the-ayurvedic-remedy-for-boosting-immunity for more info on this herb.
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Many etiologies...
As cough has many etiologies, treatment depends on the precise diagnosis.
For example, an acute cough is usually related to acute bronchitis so the bronchitis needs to be treated and the cough controlled. Chronic cough can be due to bronchospasm, gerd, post-nasal drip or some combination. To treat cough, your doctor needs to evaluate so the precise diagnosis and treatment can be done.

In brief: Many etiologies...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology