Been diagnosed with breast cancer, for which lumpectomy & radiation suggested. I have pmle. Will this be a problem when it comes to radiation?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gamma not same as UV

Gamma radiation is not the same as uv radiation but it is best to discuss with your radiation oncologist.

In brief: Gamma not same as UV

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: PMLE appears

To be immune mediated.
I know of no reports of reactions with megavoltage energy radiotherapy that would be advised for breast conservation. The size of the lesion, nodes, er/pr/her-2-neu status would help. Ordinarliy I am *not* an advocate of "partial breast rt", you might discuss this with your radiation oncology consultant.

In brief: PMLE appears

To be immune mediated.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology

In brief: Oncologist

Your oncologist will guide your through every step.

In brief: Oncologist

Dr. Boris Aronzon
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery