My left hand hurts right above my wrist I am left handed i can't use my thumb as much as i could before it hurts to touch and it is akey?

Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: DeQuervain's disease

Sounds like this disease named after a french doctor who described it in the 19th century.
The thumb tendons coverings are swollen and irritating the radial nerve yielding pain. The first step is to be examined by a specialist. He may be able to cure you with a cortisone shot.

In brief: DeQuervain's disease

Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: A common type of

Tendinitis that affects this area is dequervains which typically resolves with anti inflamm stories and or a soft splint that includes the the thumb and wrist , at times a corticosteroid injection and rarely surgery.
Starting out with simpler treatment and avoiding extremes of motion is the first step .A hand surgeon can help.

In brief: A common type of

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Andrea Brand