I've had asthma for twenty years and im not happy with the new hfa inhalers the taste and consistency choke me. Any suggestions for a rescue inhaler?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Nebulizer?

All inhalers now use hfa.
Previously, they used cfc but these were banned since they deplete ozone. You can try all the brands of inhalers, if none of them works, you can use a nebulizer.

In brief: Nebulizer?

All inhalers now use hfa.
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Maxair (pirbuterol)

Maxair (pirbuterol) is the only remaining cfc inhaler on the market - but it won't be around for long.
There is always nebulized albuterol or levalbuterol. The key is to control asthma with inhaled dry powder corticosteroids or combination steroid/long-acting bronchodilators minimizing the need to use your hfa rescue inhaler.

In brief: Maxair (pirbuterol)

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Jonathan Jassey