I have been coughing for over 2 weeks. I get worse when I get up and move also my upper back is hurting. What could be wrong?

In brief: Time to see the doc

You need to see the doctor. You might have pneumonia.

In brief: Time to see the doc

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibilities...

If you have no other associated symptoms, this could be due to bronchospasm which worsens with activity.
You should have your doctor evaluate you as you would need bronchodilator and perhaps steroid inhalers to treat this cough. Your back pain could be due to a muscle strain from all the coughing and will likely improve once the cough is controlled. If you smoke, you need to quit! good luck!

In brief: Possibilities...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology